Thursday, May 7th 2009

IE8 Sorted

After finishing my slight redesign here I found that IE8 made a complete mess of it. Turned out of course that I had forgotten to change the doctype into something other than XHTML Strict, which IE still doesn’t understand.

I went with the nice, simple HTML 5 doctype, which seems to be the best option:

<!DOCTYPE html>

That was all that was necessary and now, miraculously, my blog looks … decent in IE8! Looks like it has finally understood my max-width rules as well! Amazing stuff.

3 Responses to this post:

  1. Adam says:

    This fixed my problem…just wanted to say thanks!

  2. Gabriel Ulises says:

    Thanks for this post, sorry but not much english, Gracias por el post saludos desde mexico.

  3. Mark says:

    you rock. Fixed it for me too!