Tuesday, December 6th 2005
Some time back I created an empty text-file on my desktop, and renamed it .exe – all in the name of science. I simply wanted to see what would happen if I tried running it. Well obviously, nothing but an error message happened when I tried running it. But then I wasn’t able to delete it. For some reason the fake .exe was blocked, or used, by some process.
After doing a fail-safe boot and trying again, as well as booting into Ubuntu and trying to delete it from there, I gave up.
Today I noticed the file lying there and got really annoyed by it again. (More annoyed than usual, that is.) After googling for a while I found this solution:
A piece of cake – if you only know what to do! Actually, it’s a bit embarrasing that I couldn’t figure this one out by myself… 🙂